During heavy rain every day like this Be careful of these rain-borne diseases as well.
Prof. Dr. Wasin Laohawinij, resident physician in the Department of Preventive and Social Medicine. Chulalongkorn Hospital, Thai Red Cross Society. That should be especially careful as follows:
5 dangerous diseases that come with “rain”
It is a common disease during the rainy season. It is caused by a virus that can occur in many types. Patients usually have a low-grade fever, runny nose, cough, and sore throat. Most symptoms get better on their own within 2-3 days.
It is caused by the Influenza virus. Which has many strains. Often has a high fever Body aches, fatigue, cough and mucus, headache.
- dengue fever
It is a disease that is carried by Aedes mosquitoes. Patients will have a high fever for 2-7 days. Body aches, headaches.
Occurs in flooded areas. There will be a headache. Sudden high fever, red eyes, nausea and vomiting Body aches, especially in the back, calves, and neck. Avoid walking in waterlogged areas. or have appropriate protective equipment. ยูฟ่าเบท
- Contagious diseases related to the eyes
It is cause by a virus that is in dirty water. Eye contact from rubbing the eyes Or the splash causes itching or red eyes.
How to prevent disease in the rainy season
- Try not to get expose to the rain. Not affected by rain drizzle
- Get wet for a long time. You should not enter places that are extremely cold. Such as air-conditioned rooms. As this may make it easier for you to catch a cold.
- There is no need to take paracetamol. or any antihistamines If there are no symptoms
- Including if you think that in the future you will definitely encounter rain. You should not take trapping pills. Because in practice can’t help
- While being wet from the rain. Try not to touch your face with your hands.
- When your body is wet from the rain. You should quickly change your clothes. Shower and wash your hair, and let your hair dry. With a hair dryer as soon as you get home.
- Get vaccinate against influenza every year.