Who are the parents of the little ones? You may have heard the name of this disease, “RSV disease“ . that it is a disease that can be transmitted by contact Or we’ve heard that young children get infected by ” kissing the cheek” from an adult. What are the facts? Can we communicate as well as we hear? And what are the ways to prevent it? ufabet https://ufabet999.com/ has found the answer for you.
What is RSV disease?
“RSV” or the full name ” Respiratory Syncytial Virus” is an infection that causes disease in the respiratory tract. Especially young children The virus can cause pneumonia. Makes a lot of phlegm and makes the bronchial mucosa and various airways are swollen, causing the child to feel tired and short of breath and difficulty breathing This causes the production of secretions such as mucus in large quantities. It also causes constriction of the bronchi due to swelling of the bronchial and airway lining. This causes children infected with the RSV virus to breathe more quickly and with difficulty.
Is RSV a contagious virus?
“RSV” is a virus that can be transmitted through various secretions in the body, such as mucus, saliva, and phlegm from coughing or sneezing. Patients infected with the virus will get the infection from cough droplets. or sneezing of an infected person The rate of spread of this RSV virus is only from 1 infected person to 1 – 2 people. The transmission of the infection will not be as distant as the transmission of measles or diphtheria to infected patients. Just 1 sneeze can spread germs to about 7 – 12 people.
Who is at risk of RSV?
Young children under 5 years of age and adults or the elderly with impaired immune system function.
Initial symptoms of patients infected with RSV
- There is panting, fatigue, and breathing more difficult than usual.
- There is a wheezing and wheezing sound.
- When you cough, it makes a loud noise and produces mucus.
- There is a lot of phlegm in the throat.
- In children who already have congenital diseases such as heart disease, lung disease, or asthma It can cause severe symptoms to the point of stopping breathing for a period of time. which can be life threatening
Guidelines for treating RSV
For the treatment of young children infected with RSV who have very weak symptoms, such as premature infants. Children who already have lung disease, heart disease, or asthma When infected with this type of virus, symptoms can worsen quickly. You may stop breathing periodically. or respiratory failure and must be rushed to the ICU and must use a ventilator as well The duration of symptoms of the disease is approximately 5 – 7 days. Some people infected during the first 1 – 2 days will not be very severe, but during the last 3 – 5 days the symptoms of the disease will be the most severe. After that, the symptoms will gradually subside.
Currently, in medicine, there is no specific medicine that can help treat this disease. Most often, doctors will treat according to the symptoms. to taking care of breathing and phlegm The doctor will give cough medicine to thin out phlegm, bronchodilator, or antipyretic medicine according to the patient’s individual symptoms. This will improve the patient’s condition. In cases where the patient has trouble breathing Feeling tired or starting to have low levels of oxygen in the blood Doctors’ treatment will be in the form of supportive care, such as giving bronchodilators. Providing intravenous fluids, suctioning sputum, and providing oxygen. In the case where the patient is very seriously ill A ventilator and tube may be required. Moreover, he must stay in the ICU to monitor his symptoms until he improves.
In addition, patients with severe symptoms may develop complications from other viruses, such as mycoplasma. influenza virus or other bacteria as well, depending on the doctor’s consideration of treatment to cover the infection as appropriate
Can I recover from RSV and then get it again?
The RSV virus can be divided into two subgroups: groups A and B, which are related to each other. But each one is different. The immunity generated from the initial viral infection will not be able to protect against new infections. new germs But if you get the same infection The symptoms will not be as severe as the first time.
How to prevent RSV infection?
- Wash your hands. Clean your hands before approaching, touching, or holding your little one. Whether it’s our child or someone else’s child Because most of the time Adults are usually not infected with this disease. But you may accidentally come into contact with germs from somewhere. And I didn’t wash my hands. Then come take care of small children. It may cause children to become infected from us even though we are strong and healthy .
- If your child is sick They should not be allowed to spread germs to other children. You should stay to heal and be strong before going to school. or go do activities with friends
- You should teach your children not to let strangers come close to them or hug or kiss their cheeks. In addition to protecting against germs, It can also protect against criminals with good intentions.
Currently, many young children have been found infected with RSV. The treatment method is similar to the common cold. That is, there is no direct medicine to treat it. But the medicine will be given according to the symptoms that appear. So it’s not scary. But if it’s good, it’s better to prevent the little one from getting infected.